The faded redhead

Annette Morgan. Quilt Artist, teacher and author

Friday 5 September 2008


I've had a very busy summer - too busy to post! Teaching has taken up a lot of my time, since my last entry I've been to Camberley, Meon Valley, Chelmsford, Cheshire, Hertfordshire and Cullen in Scotland and all places in between.


Besides the teaching I've sold three pieces of work one of which was a commission. The piece left was exhibited at an exhibition with my husband who is a painter, in a gallery in Bury St Edmunds, and was bought later - before being exhibited at the Festival of Quilts.
We've been to Beth Chatto's garden in Essex several times and the Bamboo is wonderful, I like the noise it makes when the wind blows through, and I'm exploring textile ideas from the photos I took.
Another bamboo piece I've made uses more traditional techniques and was also in the show, it's more colourful in greens, yellows and blues and is currently in an exhibition at Sutton Hoo, Suffolk.

BFN

2 Comments:

Blogger Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Hi Annette, I only just found your blog. I too love that quilt and have posted it on my blog as one of my favorites from the FOQ. My detail picture is out of focus and I wonder if I may use yours instead?

Please find time to blog some more, I'm a great fan of you quilts......

http://www.linen-and-silk.com/

21 September 2008 at 10:19  
Blogger Sharne Gregory said...

Hi Annette
i have just found your blog by chance so I am afraid that I did not put a link to you on my blog.
Love the bamboo
sharne

22 September 2008 at 12:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home