The faded redhead

Annette Morgan. Quilt Artist, teacher and author

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Fabric books


Today I e-mailed an article to a Danish patchwork magazine, who wanted me to write about making a needle case like the one in the middle of this picture, with the two diamonds on the front.
With all the fabrics in this picture I have used heat in some way, either by using a soldering iron or a heat gun. I usually stitch lots of layers together and then burn. [These fabric books also appear in my book Glitzy Quilts.] - I'm not a very good saleswoman, but I am trying!
I'm hoping to experiment with some painting this week, I was inspired by an article in Cloth, Paper, Scissors by Kelly Rae Roberts - look at her website - kellyraeroberts.com - she's a very good figurative artist, I'm not, but I like the way she does her backgrounds.
I'm also stitching a quilt I made about 10 years ago which I never finished - but enjoying the challenge. It's nothing like my present work and it won't be seen until the Festival of Quilts.
Bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home