The faded redhead

Annette Morgan. Quilt Artist, teacher and author

Monday 5 November 2007








Out of the Dustbin III



This is a detail of one of my latest quilts, which is a quilt I never really liked, painted, then cut up and rearranged and stitched back together.



It is one of my series of Out of the Dustbin quilts, so called because I had literally thrown two quilts in the dustbin. An ex-student of mine phoned just after my disposal, and during the course of the conversation asked what I was doing. On hearing what I had done, she told me to get the quilts out of the dustbin. I decided to recycle them by applying paint and so the new work was born!



There will be an article about these quilts in the next issue of Quilting Arts.





This was part of our joint exhibition at Art Van Go Studios in Knebworth, Herts, UK, in October 2007


Dan's paintings are on the walls, some of my beachcombing boxes on the cupbaords and some of Louise's toys in the glass cabinets.


Dan, my husband trained as a painter and Louise our daughter trained at the London University of the Arts.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home