The faded redhead

Annette Morgan. Quilt Artist, teacher and author

Tuesday 17 July 2012

I'm back!

A lot has happened since my last post in September - so I am going to do several posts to update you!

In the spring I sent off 4 quilts to the states to be part of an exhibition with other  quilters entiltled From Marbel to Marvellous, and the quilts have been touring around the states in the Mancuso Quilt Shows.



These quilts haven't been seen in the UK as yet, and the quilt with the free flowing shapes is my favourite! The work was based on photos taken of the floor tiles in Bristol Cathedral. Tiles designs and pretty patchwork isn't what I do - sooo....... I took the shapes from the tiles, sqaures, circles and traingles and made sillk screens and printed my own fabric. The blue fabric is space dyed, then I used crazy patchwork techniques and applique to stitch the fabrics together.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francie said...

Hope I'll be able to see these works at the Mancuso's California Show in October!!

27 July 2012 at 22:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home